Tegan girl is three months on and growing bigger each day. According to her pediatrician, she’s gaining about one ounce a day, on average, which is quite a feat for a preemie. So many preemies have trouble putting on the pounds but luckily, gaining weight has not been an issue for little Miss T. We’re slowly moving out of her preemie size clothes and into the newborn size.
In other notables, I’m happy to say Miss T has finally taken to breastfeeding. Her last hurdle was being able to latch on without a nipple shield and over the past few weeks, she finally did it and continues to do it. Another small milestone for our early bird!
Tegan’s concentration level is increasing and we find her able to focus more on us and her surroundings. She reacts to hearing our voices and looks towards our direction when she hears us enter a room. It’s clear to us, she knows who is her Mom and Dad.
Here are Tegan’s 3 month highlights:
- 1 month 3 days old, adjusted age
- 7 pounds 12 ounces
- 19 inches long, head circumference is 14 1/2 inches
- Still on her monitor but she hasn’t had any recent episodes
- Latching on and breastfeeding like a champ, yay!
- Had her first extended family gathering where she met her great-grandparents
- Had her 3 month shots
- Moved up a clothing size
- Listening to Frances England
- Bath time
- To be constantly held
- Keeping Mom & Dad up all hours of the night
- To be bounced, jiggled, swayed, swooshed and rocked. She has been nicknamed “perpetual motion” because she loves to be moving.
- All the same stuff from her 2 month report