It’s that time again… another 4 weeks has come and gone.
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She is turning her head and practicing “looking” movements. She is very active, and movements can be felt inside and outside the abdomen throughout the day and night. She’s also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. Her bone marrow has taken over red blood cell production. The convolutions, wrinkles or “gyri” on the surface of the brain appear as it continues rapid growth and contains more brain cells.
- How far along?: 28 weeks.
- Total weight gain: I’m fairly certain I’ve gained a few more pounds (with Thanksgiving and all) but haven’t been able to weigh myself since we’re away at the moment.
- How big is baby?: The size of a Chinese cabbage.
- Maternity clothes?: Exclusively in maternity pants, but I can still wear some pre-pregnancy tops and work out clothes.
- Sleep?: It’s uncomfortable.
- Best moment this week?: I passed my glucose test- No gestational diabetes! And, we’re spending 6 weeks in California.
- Movement?: Well defined, hard kicks. Baby has been very active lately and Husband has felt some really strong movements, especially last night.
- Food cravings?: None.
- Labor Signs: No.
- Belly Button: Innie but it’s getting rather shallow.
- What I miss: Bending over without feeling like I’m squishing my innards to bits with my big belly.
- What I’m looking forward to: Christmas and finishing our baby registry.
- Weekly wisdom: Enjoy every moment… it goes by so fast.
- Milestone: I’m seven months today! Only 84 days to go!