Today marks 20 weeks of my pregnancy, the halfway mark! I can’t believe I’m already this far along; time is flying by so fast. I feel like we have so much to do to get ready for the baby that I need more time and at the same time, our baby can’t come soon enough. We can’t wait to meet you, little one!
Want to know what Baby has been up to, well check this out:
Baby’s digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation… baby’s genitals are now fully formed!
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they’ve already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you’d like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.
I have seen this on a few blogs of other pregnant women so thought I would add it to mine. As many of you know, I like to keep track of things.
- How far along?: 20 weeks.
- Total weight gain: More like total weight loss: 15 pounds.
- How big is baby?: The size of a cantaloupe.
- Maternity clothes?: I bought my first pair of maternity pants a few days ago. I need to do more shopping!
- Sleep?: It’s lacking and uncomfortable at best.
- Best moment this week?: Feeling the baby move and confirmation of the gender.
- Movement?: Yes, I *think* it’s starting.
- Food cravings?: None- more like food aversions to practically everything.
- Labor Signs: No.
- Belly Button: Innie.
- What I miss: Wanting to cook nice meals.
- What I’m looking forward to: Not puking anymore and feeling better.
- Weekly wisdom: Don’t over do it… your back will thank you later.
- Milestone: Making it half way through the pregnancy.
images & info taken from The Bump.